Government funding programs - usually to retrain if you have been displaced from your job. Prospective students should be registered with an unemployed help centre and have a counsellor to make the applications for them. Some of the places to register at:
- Ontario Works and Employment Ontario help people to retrain.
- City of Windsor, Employment and Social Services
- 400 City Hall Square E.
- Windsor ON N9A 7K6
- Windsor Women Working With Immigrant Women, Employment Service Centre
- 1368 Ouellette Ave, Suite 102
- Windsor ON N8X 1J9
- Unemployed Help Centre
- 6955 Cantelon Dr
- Windsor, ON N8T 3J9
- Also in Belle River
- Employment Assessment Centre
- 1410 Ouellette Avenue
- Windsor, ON N8X 5B2
- Also in Essex, Leamington and Kingsville
- New Canadians Centre of Excellence
- 660 Ouellette Ave. 2nd Floor
- Windsor, Ontario N9A 1C1
- Also in Leamington
- St. Clair College Employment Centre
- 3015 Howard Ave (Roundhouse Centre)
- Windsor, ON
- Also in Amherstburg and Wallaceburg
- Goodwill Industries
- Essex, Kent and Lambton, 298 Lauzon Rd
- Windsor, ON N8S 3L6
- Also in Chatham and Sarnia
- Women's Enterprise Skills Training of Windsor Inc. (WEST)
- 647 Ouellette Avenue Suite 201
- Windsor, Ontario N9A 4J4
The programs you might qualify for: Second Career - The unemployed or under-employed can qualify for a retraining course. Students will need to apply through an employment help agency for approval.
Canada Ontario Job Grant: This program is to help employers get their employees trained in their field.
Youth Employment Funding.
WSIB will help their clients to retain to get back into the workforce also.
Great Lakes Technical Training will do a payment plan should the student wish to pay on a monthly basis.